- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San José del Cabo: Proprietors here say that you "graduate" to San José del Cabo after you sow the wild oats of your youth in Cabo San Lucas. It's quieter and more intimate here, and for a cozy, romantic evening, nothing beats San José's nightlife.
The Corridor: This sprawling strip between the two cities is the province of big resorts and their in-house bars. Expect upscale venues (and patrons). A few nightspots not affiliated with any hotel do exist here and are quite popular.
Cabo San Lucas: Had the phrase "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" not already been taken, Cabo San Lucas might have snapped it up. You can experience spring break here, even if you went to college 30 years ago. Quiet Cabo nightlife does exist; you just need to look a bit harder.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $439 & up -- Riviera Maya 3 Nts. All-Incl. w/Air, Kids Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com