El Bigotes Review
Waitresses in funky, meter maid-style hats serve good seafood to canned music and the rhythm of nearby waves at this unpretentious restaurant. The crowd is a mix of locals and visitors, all of whom are particularly keen on stopping by to enjoy the sunset. Specialties include amazingly fresh seafood dishes like the Jalisco favorite pescado sarandeado (barbecued fish), camarón mustache (butterflied shrimp breaded in shredded coconut), and gigantic portions of ceviche. When in doubt, ask for half portions; servers are also flexible about substituting french fries or beans for rice. A smaller branch in the Playa Azul district has the same great food but fewer specials.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Riviera Maya Resort & Marina All-Incl. w/Air — $499 CheapCaribbean.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more