Mexico City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Mexico City
Hitting the hippest spot in the country: Mexico City is the undisputed cultural capital of Latin America, with a lifestyle as distinct as that of New York or Rio.
Strolling through the Centro Histórico: Imagine if Washington, D.C., contained Plymouth Rock, Jamestown, Gettysburg, and Hiroshima to understand the aura and historic significance of this 500-year-old neighborhood laid atop—and made of—Aztec ruins.
Sampling la cocina mexicana : As street vendors offer up traditional snacks, chefs reinvent those recipes with amazing results.
Museum-hopping: You'll find Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera all over; the stunning contemporary Museo Nacional de Antropología is worth visiting just for the building—a full exploration of its collection would take days.
Mexico's melting pot: The city's size and status mean you'll see all aspects of Mexican society from fashionistas to farmers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com
- $799 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Escapes w/Air; Kids Stay Free — $799 Vacation Express