Nightlife & the Arts in Mexico City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mexico City Nightlife
Condesa, Roma, Centro Histórico, Coyoacán, and Polanco stand out as Mexico City's hippest neighborhoods. If you're looking to do some bar-hopping and want to foot it, you can do so in La Condesa. The Zona Rosa has lost ground to Condesa and Polanco in the past few years, but it's still packed on Friday and Saturday nights, and everything is within walking distance. Niza, Florencia, Londres, and Hamburgo streets are teeming with bars and discos.
Night is the key word. People generally take in dinner and a show at 9 or 10 pm, head to bars or nightclubs at midnight, then find a spot for a nightcap or tacos somewhere around 3 am. (Cantinas are the exception; people start hitting them in the late afternoon and most close by 11 pm.)
You should have no trouble getting around on your own. Always take official hotel taxis or sitio (stationed) taxis; it can be expensive to bar-hop this way, but your safety is worth the cost.
Browse Mexico City Nightlife
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- 5-Star Award-Winning Hotel in Mexico City, Reg. $399 JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $399 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Escapes w/Air — $399 Vacation Express
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 — $899 Apple Vacations