- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Avenida Michoacán Review
Restaurants, cafés, and hip boutiques radiate along and out from La Condesa's main drag, Avenida Michoacán. It's a great place for a break from a sightseeing slog—just relax at a sidewalk table and watch the hip young world go by. A snack will also fortify you for Avenida Michoacán's other main activity, shopping. The clothing stores often lean toward the trendy; Kulte, for instance, at Atlixco 118, dishes up the latest fads, as does Soho, on Avenida Vicente Suárez between Avenidas Michoacán and Tamaulipas. Along the nearby streets you'll find a good mix of temptations—everything from modern furniture to risqué lingerie.
Stop to sip coffee and flip through the magazines at Coffee Max. Tamaulipas 75, at Av. Michoacán, Col. Condesa, Mexico City, 06140. 55/5553-9562. Patriotismo.
Just across the street, you can also pick up a quick slice of pizza in inventive combinations (such as ham and fig) at Pizza Amore. Michoacán 78, Col. Condesa, Mexico City. 55/5286-5126. Patriotismo.
The tacos at El Farolito are yummy. Try the costras, in which the meat is wrapped in fried cheese before being wrapped in a tortilla. Wash it down with a delicious juice, like the mango or coconut, made fresh in the taquería. Altata 19, at Alfonso Reyes, Col. Condesa, Mexico City. 55/5515-7844. www.taqueriaselfarolito.com. Patriotismo.
El Péndulo acts as a sort of cultural center. The first of what is now a chain of bookstores is stuffed with Spanish-language books and international CDs; classical guitarists and other musicians play on weekends. Av. Nuevo León 115, at Av. Vicente Suárez, Col. Condesa, Mexico City. 55/5286-9493. www.pendulo.com. Chilpancingo.
- Location: La Condesa and La Roma
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com
- $799 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Escapes w/Air; Kids Stay Free — $799 Vacation Express
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Heading to Cancun to stay in a Time Share. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more