- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The following should be booked well before or as soon as you get to Mexico City.
1. Reservations at the restaurants Fonda del Recuerdo, Au Pied de Cochon, and Izote.
2. Tickets to Ballet Folklórico de México. There are only three shows a week—the Sunday evening show is particularly popular.
3. An English-speaking guide for the Museo Nacional de Antropología. Call a week in advance.
4. Tickets for important soccer games at Estadio Azteca and Estadio Olímpico (get them at least a week in advance through your hotel concierge).
5. Around holidays, buy first-class bus tickets to other destinations at least a week in advance.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $399 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Escapes w/Air — $399 Vacation Express