How Much Time?
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
How Much Time?
You could spend weeks in Mexico City—there are enough museums, restaurants, and side trips to keep even the most jaded globe-trotter occupied for a long time—but how much time you spend in the capital really depends on your expectations and your tolerance for fast-paced urban living. If you're short on time and anxious to move on to friendlier (or more scenic) climes, you can see a lot in two days, though three would be ideal.
With three days you'll have enough time to tour the historic sights, do a little museum-hopping, have more than a few fabulous meals, and spend at least part of one day on a side trip to nearby ruins. Hard-core city travelers will want to spend a week here to feel like they've really covered enough ground.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $669 & up -- Cabo All-Inclusive 5-Night Trip w/Air, $200 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $479 CheapCaribbean.com