- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Armadillo Review
It's in a jungly area of Mazunte, on a closed street and so hidden away that you could easily pass right by. But do make an effort to come here, even if you have to stop and ask for directions. The food at this restaurant—owned by Betty (from France) and Raúl (from Mexico City)—is a surprise. Cold beet soup with ginger and fresh fish fillet with a seafood-and-bacon sauce are standouts, as is the fresh-baked bread (you can get it to go). The restaurant also serves as an art gallery, with paintings covering the walls and a sizable sculpture collection. El Armadillo is a great place to wrap up your day, sipping wine on the patio surrounded by nature and art.
- Address: Callejon del Armadillo s/n, Camino a la Playa Rinconcito, Playa Mazunte, Zipolite, Oaxaca, 70902
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Zipolite
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more