Puerto Vallarta Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Puerto Vallarta
Legendary restaurants: Eat barbecued snapper with your feet in the sand or chateaubriand with a killer ocean view.
Adventure and indulgence: Ride a horse, mountain-bike or go four-wheeling into the mountains, dive into the sea, and relax at an elegant spa—all in one day.
Natural beauty: Enjoy the physical beauty of Pacific Mexico's prettiest resort town, where cobblestone streets disappear into emerald green hills with the big, sparkling bay below.
Authentic art: PV's artists and artisans—from Huichol Indians to expats—produce a huge diversity of exceptional folk treasures and fine art.
Diverse nightlife: Whether you're old, young, gay, straight, mild, or wild, PV's casual and unpretentious party scene has something to entice you after dark.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90-$98 -- Today: 4-Star Cancun All-Incl. Resort, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $117-$137 -- Today: Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $95 -- Today: Riviera Maya All-Incl. Beach Resort, Reg. $299 — $95 BookIt.com