- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort
At a Glance
- concierge service
- individual plunge pools
- CD and DVD players in each room
- yoga and Pilates classes (in high season)
- 10% service fee on top of 18% sales and hotel taxes
- prohibitively expensive for most people
- no Wi-Fi in rooms
- only one shared computer for checking e-mails
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort Review
More than 2,000 acres of ecological reserve and jungle surround this magical resort along 16 km (10 mi) of private coast. The architecture fuses Mediterranean-style elements with local building materials; world-renowned Ricardo Legorreta was one of the architects. Many villas have an outdoor living room. All have dark-wood floors; king-size beds; wet bars; ample bathrooms; and patios with plunge pools, hammocks, and chaise longues. Sofas are upholstered in rich textured fabrics. At night the staff lights hundreds of candles around the villas to create a truly enchanting setting. The golf course is excellent.
- Address: Carretera Melaque-Puerto Vallarta (Carretera 200), Km 7.5, Cihuatlán, Jalisco, 48970 | Map It
- Phone: 315/351-5031; 01800/823-3037 toll-free in Mexico; 866/717-4316 from U.S. or Canada
- Website: www.eltamarindoresort.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 29 villas, 3 4-bedroom houses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $439 & up -- Riviera Maya 3 Nts. All-Incl. w/Air, Kids Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting ... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more