- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Bar Above
The Bar Above Review
This little place above Tapas del Mundo defies categorization. It's a martini bar without a bar that also serves varied desserts—the owners prefer a setting that encourages people to come converse with friends rather than hang out like barflies. Order from the day's offerings, maybe molten chocolate soufflé (the signature dish), the cardamom-laced bread pudding, or a charred pineapple bourbon shortcake. Lights are dim, the music is romantic, and there's an eagle's view of the ocean from the rooftop nest.
- Address: Corner of Av. Mexico and Av. Hidalgo, 2 blocks north of central plaza, Bucerías, 63732
- Phone: 329/298-1194
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. and June--Oct. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
We head to the Riviera Maya on the 31st of May. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more