Classes and Tours
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Classes and Tours
With so many expats living here, PV and environs have lots of classes conducted in English. Low-cost courses at the Centro Cultural Cuale and other outlets put you in touch with locals as well as other English speakers.
In winter there are house and garden tours and even more cultural activities up and down the coast. A good source of information for current classes is the bimonthly, free Bay Vallarta, which always lists a Web page or phone number for further information.
You can matriculate midsession at the informal Centro Cultural Cuale for classes like painting, drawing, and acting for children and for adults. Most instructors speak some English; others are fluent. The center also sells the work of local artists and hosts cultural events. Cost of classes is nominal, and cultural events are free. East end of Isla Río Cuale, Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48380. 322/223-0095.
Biblioteca Los Mangos has lots of reasonably priced art and Spanish classes and free or inexpensive monthly events, such as dance performances and art films. Av. Francisco Villa 1001, Col. Los Mangos, Puerto Vallarta, 48310. 322/224-9966.
Philo's is the unofficial cultural center of La Cruz, north of Bucerías. Spanish classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 10 am. Classes are technically free, but donations are expected. Calle Delfin 15, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, 48315. 329/295-5068.
AmeriSpan Unlimited, based in the United States, specializes in medical and business Spanish; see the Web site for student blogs. 800/879-6640 in U.S. and Canada. amerispan.com.
Puerto Vallarta Tours runs many different adventure tours, ecotours, city and ranch tours, tequila tours, and private tours. 322/222-4935; 866/217-9704 in U.S. and Canada. www.puertovallartatours.net.
Vallarta Adventures is one of PV's most respected tour operators and offers sea and land adventures; a particularly wonderful tour combines round-trip air transportation to the highlands with a visit to the former mining town of San Sebastián. Paseo de las Palmas 39-A, Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 63735. 322/297-1212; 888/303-2653 in U.S. and Canada. www.vallarta-adventures.com. Edifício Marina Golf, Local 13-C, Calle Mástil, Marina Vallarta, 48335. 322/221-0657.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com