San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Eating Green in San Miguel
The local-food movement is alive and well in San Miguel. With several nearby farms now specializing in organic food, San Miguel has seen the addition of restaurants focusing on natural ingredients. Here are a few places to try.
Café Rama offers innovative seasonal selections with an international slant, such as Southeast Asian chicken salad and lamb shepherd's pie. Calle Nueva 7, El Centro, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154-9655.
Café Tapas shares a pleasant space with Vía Orgánica, a popular organic food store, and offers salads, soups, and other light fare. Margarito Ledesma 2, Colonia Guadalupe, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154-8131.
El Tomato features Italian- and Argentine-inspired cooking including pastas, soups, and salads, with a wide vegetarian selection. Mesones 62, El Centro, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154-6390.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Queretaro Savings! Book at City Express Queretaro Fr $102+/Nt Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Book in Queretaro: Save this May Fr $98+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: La Casa del Atrio Fr $152+/Nt — $152 Expedia
- Small budget: Book El Serafin Boutique 3 Nts in May Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Expedia
- Book in Morelia: Save at the Fiesta Inn Morelia in May Fr $92+/Nt — $92 Expedia