- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Casa Encantada
At a Glance
- incredibly cheery rooms
- superb grounds
- not ideal for families
- not all staff proficient in English
La Casa Encantada Review
The appealing Casa Encantada is a magnificent hotel built into a 17th-century mansion just off Pátzcuaro's main plaza. The enormous suites, which surround a courtyard with a garden and fountain, are some of the city's biggest. Though rented by the night, they're more like apartments than hotel rooms; most have kitchens and/or dining areas. Note that children under the age of 12 are discouraged from staying at the hotel.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Morelia: Save at the Fiesta Inn Morelia in May Fr $92+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Morelia this May Fr $58+/Nt Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- Book Turotel Morelia in May: Book Now & Save 25% — $83 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Morelia Savings! Book at y Suites Galeria Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia
- Save at 3-Star Suites San Miguel: $134 & Up in May — $134 Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more