- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Heartland is an accessible destination, easily reached from Mexico City or Guadalajara. A network of superhighways connects many major cities. Although it may be more fun to tour by car, there is frequent and inexpensive bus service between the region's cities.
Primera Plus, ETN, and Estrella Blanca are the major first-class lines. Aero Plus runs buses between the Mexico City and Querétaro airports. Flecha Amarilla is the second-class branch of Primera Plus, operating along the same routes. Herradura de Plata also has limited second-class service throughout the Bajío.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Fiesta Inn Morelia on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $92+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Morelia this May Fr $83+/Nt Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia in May: $71 & Up — $71 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Morelia this May Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Expedia
- Morelia Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at y Suites Galeria Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia