- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Heartland has a superb climate—rarely does it get overly hot, even in midsummer, and although winter days can get nippy, especially in northern Zacatecas, they're generally temperate.
Average temperatures in Morelia range from 20°C (68°F) in May to just under 13°C (55°F) in January. Zacatecas is more extreme, with winter temperatures as low as 0°C (32°F) and snow flurries every several years, and summer highs of 28°C-30°C (81°F-85°F). Expect cool nights year-round in most of the region's cities.
The Heartland's rainy season hits between June and October and is strongest in July and August. At this time, the semiarid countryside comes to life with pink, yellow, and blue wildflowers, and the farms offer up fresh vegetables and fruits.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Morelia this May Fr $89+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Suites San Miguel Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- Morelia Savings! Book at Casa de Los Dulces Suenos Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia
- Los Juaninos on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $126+/Nt — $126 Save with Expedia, $46/night less
- Save at 3-Star Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia: $74 & Up in May — $74 Expedia