- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The airfield in San Carlos is restricted to charter planes. Most people drive here, and refurbished roads are among the smoothest in the state. From nearby Guaymas, take a cab or local bus (you'll see the buses marked "San Carlos" along the main drag).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel