- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Divisadero and Posada Barrancas
At these whistle stops five minutes apart on the Continental Divide, the views of the Copper Canyon are unforgettable. A couple of romantic hotels hug the rim of the canyon in Posada Barrancas; in Divisadero, 20 or so cooks working over oil-barrel stoves wait for the train to disgorge hungry travelers.
If you're staying in Posada Barrancas for one night, your hotel will arrange tours to the Tarahumara Caves that finish in time for you to catch the train. On longer stays you can book hiking or horseback-riding tours of the Copper Canyon.
Divisadero and Posada Barrancas at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos