- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
If you're taking the train bound for Creel/Chihuahua, we recommend you depart from El Fuerte. Highway 124 takes you to El Fuerte from Los Mochis. To travel by bus from Los Mochis to El Fuerte, take Alianza de Transportes del Valle del Fuerte. These buses, which depart from in front of the Mercado Independencia, make the trip in 1½ hours. Instead of a terminal, buses pull up to the corner of Avenida Juárez and 16 de Deciembre.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos