- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Avoid Cuidad Juárez and Chihuahua City owing to problems with drug-related gang violence. If you must enter through either place, spend as little time there as possible and stay on the tourist path. Check www.state.gov/travel for updates on the violence and security precaustions.
Travel in and around the Barrancas del Cobre is generally safe, but off-road trips deep into the canyons should always be done with respectable, local guides who know the terrain. In addition to rock slides and other natural disasters, drug traffickers are sometimes a danger.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos