- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Taking the road less traveled: Mexicans love to vacation in this state, but it's off the radar for most foreigners.
Dining on amazing seafood: Try it a la veracruzana, sautéed with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and usually green olives.
Experiencing little-known ruins: The ruins of El Tajín, which flourished from the early 9th to the early 13th centuries, are some of the most magnificent in Mexico.
Watching men fly: Paplanta's voladores spin from the top of an 82-foot pole in a breathtaking Totonac ceremony that makes bungee jumping look tame.
Joining in the danzón: This stately dance from Cuba is a cornerstone of Veracruz's eclectic culture.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos