- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- retains historical charm
- the plaza in front is where the locals enjoy music in the evening
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Imperial Review
Built in 1793 first as an elegant mesón, this hotel facing the zócalo has lots of charm. The wrought-iron elevator, brought from France in 1904, was, together with the one in the Chapultepec Palace in Mexico City, one of the first in Latin America. Though a bit dated, rooms have a certain elegance; many have balconies on the square.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more