- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Xalapa's bus station, called CAXA (the Centro de Autobuses de Xalapa), is 2 km (1 mi) east of downtown on Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas, just off Avenida 20 de Noviembre. ADO runs several buses an hour between Veracruz and Xalapa. The trip takes two hours and costs about $6. If you're driving, Carretera 140, which branches off Carretera 150-D, leads from Veracruz City to Xalapa. Pay extra attention when driving in Xalapa, as getting lost is a real possibility.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos