- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Seis Review
One of the first colonial homes in Campeche is now a cultural center. It has been fully restored—rooms are furnished with original antiques and a few reproductions. Original frescoes at the tops of the walls remain, and you can see patches of the painted "wallpaper" that once covered the walls, serving to simulate European trends in an environment where wallpaper wouldn't stick due to the humidity. There is a small gift shop selling products from Campeche, and the Moorish courtyard is occasionally used as a space for exhibits and lectures.
- Address: Calle 57, between Calles 10 and 8, Plaza Principal, Centro, Campeche City, Campeche, 24000
- Phone: 981/816-1782
- Cost: $1
- Hours: Daily 9--9
- Location: Campeche City
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Merida Savings! Book at Gran Real Yucatan Fr $79+/Nt Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Book the Fiesta Americana Merida 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt Expedia
- La Mision de Fray Diego on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Holiday Inn Merida Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Expedia
- Piedra de Agua Boutique in May: $84 & Up — $84 Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more