Archaeological Sites in Yucatan and Campeche States
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Archaeological Sites in Yucatán and Campeche States
Aké, a compact archaeological site 35 km (22 mi) southeast...
An interesting feature of this once-important city is its defensive...
Thought to have been a satellite community of the larger, more...
One of the most dramatically beautiful of the ancient Maya cities...
|Archaeological Sites||Chichén Itzá|
Dzibilchaltún (dzi-bil-chal-tun), which means "the place...
A leaf-strewn nature trail winds slowly toward the ancient heart...
What's most stunning about the large Ek Balam ("black jaguar")...
|Archaeological Sites||Ek Balam|
The small Mayan ruin of Hochob is an excellent example of the...
Bumping down the badly potholed, 8-km (5-mi) road leading to...
The most important buildings at Kabah, which means "lord of the...
The Kinich Kakmó pyramid is the largest pre-Hispanic building...
The striking monumental structure at Labná (which means...
Those who are enamored with Yucatán and the ancient Maya...
The archaeological site of Oxkintoc (osh-kin-tok) is 5 km (3...
Santa Rosa Xtampak
A fabulous example of the zoomorphic architectural element of...
|Archaeological Sites||Santa Rosa Xtampak|
Experts believe that Sayil, or "place of the red ants," flourished...
Although much of Uxmal hasn't been restored, the following buildings...
Surrounded by a plantation where disease-resistant coconut trees...
Xpujil (meaning "cat's tail," and pronounced ish-poo-hil) gets...
Browse All Yucatan and Campeche States Sights
- Campeche City
- Carretera 186 Into Campeche
- Chichén Itzá
- Ek Balam
- Grutas de Balancanchén
- Grutas de Loltún
- Parque Natural Ría Lagartos
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Book The Villa Merida 3 Nts in May Fr $164+/Nt Expedia
- Limited Time Offer!: InterContinental Presidente Merida in May Expedia
- Merida Savings! Book at La Mision de Fray Diego Fr $83+/Nt — $83 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Merida this May Fr $55+/Nt — $55 Expedia
- Book the del Peregrino 3 Nts in May Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Save with Expedia, $11/night less