- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aside from the usual dangers associated with scuba diving and surfing, the province's biggest health concerns are sunburn and hypothermia on the heights of Volcán Barú. If you hike to the summit of Barú, take warm, waterproof clothing, even in the dry season, because the weather can change radically near the peak within an hour.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com