Eastern Panama Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Indigenous Cultures. Eastern Panama's indigenous Guna, Emberá, and Wounaan villages are amazingly traditional, colorful places that provide visitors with unforgettable cross-cultural experiences.
San Blas Islands. The islands of Guna Yala have ivory beaches shaded by coconut palms and washed by turquoise waters—scenery fit for the covers of travel magazines or the daydreams of snowbound accountants.
Ocean Treasures. Guna Yala's crystalline sea holds countless coral reefs awash with living rainbows of fish and invertebrates, whereas the white-sand shallows of its islands are idyllic spots for a tranquil swim.
Spectacular Wildlife. The eastern provinces' lush rain forests, mangrove estuaries, and cloud forests together hold more than about 500 bird species, and everything from crocodiles to capuchin monkeys.
Fabulous Fishing. More than 250 sport-fishing records have been set in the sea south of the Darién, which is accessible from one of the world's best fishing lodges.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com