When to Go
When to Go
It rains almost every afternoon from May to December in the Darién, though the rain lets up a bit in July and August. Most people consequently visit the region from January to May. Guna Yala has similar seasons, though it gets less rain in September and October, and more in December and January. The sea tends to be rough here from January to April. The best diving months are August to November, when the seas tend to be calm and visibility is better.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com