- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Driving a car in Panama City is not an undertaking for the meek, but renting a car is an excellent way to explore the surrounding countryside. Rentals usually cost $40 to $50 per day, whereas four-wheel-drive vehicles cost $60 to $90. All the big car-rental companies offer GPS rentals, and have offices downtown and at the airports.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com