- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gatún Lake is full of feisty peacock bass and also has snook and tarpon, adding up to excellent sportfishing. Charters depart from Gamboa's two marinas.
Gamboa Rainforest Resort. The Gamboa Rainforest Resort offers guests peacock bass-fishing charters on Gatun Lake for $200 for 3 hours and $280 for 6 hours. Gamboa. 507/314-5000. www.gamboresort.com.
Panama Canal Fishing. Panama Canal Fishing is the best operator for fishing on Gatún Lake. An all-inclusive day of fishing on the Hurricane Fundeck with swivel chairs on the bow costs $445 per boat. Gamboa. 507/315-1905 or 507/6678-2653. www.panamacanalfishing.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com