- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The fishing around Contadora is quite good, which means you can go out for half a day and stand a decent chance of hooking something. The most common fish in the area are dolphin, jack, tuna, wahoo, roosterfish, and—in deeper water—snapper and grouper. The Contadora Welcome Center can arrange light-tackle fishing charters.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com