- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Sea Las Perlas runs a daily ferry between Panama City and Contadora, departing the Calzada de Amador at 8 am, and returning at 2:45. The trip takes 90 minutes. Panama's domestic airline, Air Panama, has daily flights to Contadora (OTD) from Aeropuerto Marcos A. Gelabert (Aeropuerto Albrook). The flight takes 25 minutes.
Air Panama. Air Panama has an 8:30 am flight from the Albrook airport to Contadora every day except Sunday, returning at 9:00, and a 4:30 pm flight on Friday and Sunday, returning at 5. 507/316-900; 507/250-4009 on Contadora. www.flyairpanama.com.
Sea Las Perlas. This catamaran ferry makes the trip between Isla Perico, on the Amador Causeway, to Isla Contadora in 90 minutes. The ferry departs from the Brisas del Amador parking lot, on Isla Perico, daily at 8 am (you should arrive between 7 and 7:30), and returns at 3 pm. From July to October, you may see whales during the trip. Brisas de Amador, Isla Perico, Calzada de Amador, Panama City. 507/391-1424 or 507/6780-8000. www.sealasperlas.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com