- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The snorkeling is pretty good around El Morro, where the visibility is best when the tide is high. Serious divers head to Isla Urubá, a protected island just south of Taboga.
Hotel Vereda Tropical. The Hotel Vereda Tropical rents snorkeling equipment to guests (only) and can arrange a boat ride around the island for about $60 that includes snorkeling. Isla Taboga. 507/250-2154.
Scuba Panama. Taboga lacks a dive center, but the Panama City-based operator Scuba Panama can arrange a diving day trip to Isla Morro, which includes a stop at Isla Taboga. Isla Taboga. 507/261-3841. www.scubapanama.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com