Jasper National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Jasper National Park
Larger than life: Almost as large as the entire state of Connecticut, Jasper is the largest of the Canadian Rocky Mountain national parks, and one of the world's largest protected mountain ecosystems.
Spectacular scenery: Jasper's scenery is rugged and mountainous. Within its boundaries are crystal-clear mountain lakes, thundering waterfalls, jagged mountain peaks, and ancient glaciers.
Wonderful wildlife: The Canadian Rockies provide a diverse habitat for 277 bird species and 69 species of mammals, including deer, elk, moose, sheep, goats, and bears.
Columbia Icefield: The largest ice field south of Alaska, the Columbia Icefield is also the hydrographic apex of North America, with water flowing to three different oceans from one point.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire