Okanagan Wine Country Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you think that "wine country" and "British Columbia" have as much in common as "sunshine" and "the Arctic," think again. The British Columbia region known as the Okanagan, roughly five hours east of Vancouver by car or one hour by air, is rapidly growing into a significant wine-producing area. While it may not yet live up to the promotional hype that dubs it the "Napa of the North"—Okanagan wine production is a literal drop in the bucket compared to the production in the Napa Valley—the Okanagan is a magnet for wine tourists. And it makes a perfect short getaway from Vancouver and the British Columbia coast.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Okanagan Wine Country restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Okanagan Wine Country
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls ... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more