- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vancouver is, with Seattle, a major embarkation point for Alaska cruises, and virtually all Alaska-bound cruise ships call there; some also call at Victoria and Prince Rupert. After leaving Vancouver, however, most luxury liners make straight for Alaska, leaving the fjords and islands of B.C. to smaller vessels and expedition ships. Some operators lead sailing trips around B.C.'s islands; independent travelers can explore the coast on BC Ferries or on one of the coastal freighters serving remote outposts.
The small, expedition-style ships operated by American Safari Cruises and Cruise West explore the British Columbia coast on their way to Alaska; some offer cruises exclusively in B.C. Bluewater Adventures has 8- to 10-day sailing cruises of the B.C. coastline, including the Queen Charlotte Islands.
American Safari Cruises (206/284-0300 or 888/862-8881. www.innerseadiscoveries.com.)
Bluewater Adventures (604/980-3800 or 604/980-3800. www.bluewateradventures.ca.)
Cruise West (888/862-8881. www.cruisewest.com.)
Marine Link Tours (250/286-3347. www.marinelinktours.com.)
Mothership Adventures (888/833-8887. www.mothershipadventures.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Vancouver: Save this May Fr $161+/Nt Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- $241 & Up: Cheap Vancouver Stay Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Princess Cruises Fr $849 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vancouver Hotwire
- Book in Vancouver: Save this May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $38/night less