- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In British Columbia you can buy stamps at the post office or from many retail outlets and some newsstands. If you're sending mail to or within Canada, be sure to include the postal code (six digits and letters). Note that the suite number often appears before the street number in an address, followed by a hyphen. The postal abbreviation for British Columbia is BC.
Within Canada, postcards and letters cost C$0.54 for up to 30 grams, C$0.98 for between 31 and 50 grams, and C$1.18 for between 51 and 100 grams. Letters and postcards to the United States cost C$0.98 for up to 30 grams, C$1.18 for between 31 and 50 grams, and C$1.96 for up to 100 grams.
International mail and postcards are C$1.65 for up to 30 grams, C$2.36 for between 31 and 50 grams, and C$3.90 for between 51 and 100 grams. All postage rates also incur a 5% Goods-and-Services Tax (GST).
Canada Post (Bentall Centre, 595 Burrard St., Downtown, Vancouver, BC, V7X 1A0. 604/482-4296 or 800/267-1177. www.canadapost.ca.)
Small packages can be sent via the Small Packets service offered by Canada Post. Up to 250 grams to the United States is C$6.70 by air and C$5.25 surface; 250-500 grams is C$8.90 by air and C$7.50 surface; 500 grams to 1 kilo is C$13.80 by air and C$11.15 surface. Internationally, up to 250 grams starts at C$8.01 by air and C$5.86 surface; 250-500 grams is C$16.02 by air and C$8.22 surface; 500 grams to 1 kilo is C$30.93 by air and C$13.60 surface.
DHL (800/225-5345. www.dhl.ca.)
FedEx (800/463-3339. www.fedex.ca.)
ICS Courier (888/427-8729. www.ics-canada.net.)
Purolator (888/744-7123. www.purolator.com.)
UPS (800/742-5877. www.ups.ca.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $192 & Up: Quality Vancouver 3-Star Hotel in Vancouver Save with Expedia, $45/night less
- 3-Star Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street Fr $160+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $24/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Princess Cruises Fr $599 Expedia
- $12.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vancouver Hotwire
- May deal: Granville Island Fr $282+/Nt — $282 Expedia