Victoria and Vancouver Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Journey here: Yup, getting here is one of the best things about Victoria. Whether by ferry meandering past the Gulf or San Juan islands, by floatplane (try to travel at least one leg this way), or on a whale-watching boat, just getting to Victoria from the mainland is a memorable experience.
Spend an afternoon at the Butchart Gardens: A million and a half visitors can't be wrong—these lavish gardens north of town truly live up to the hype.
Tour the Royal British Columbia Museum: One of Canada's best regional museums warrants repeat visits just to take in the myriad displays and exhibits.
Embark on a whale-watching cruise: It's an amazing way to view these magnificent animals in the wild.
Traverse the Inner Harbour via a Ferry Boat: The tiny foot-passenger ferries zipping across the Inner Harbour afford passengers a whole new perspective of the city center.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Victoria: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $176+/Nt Save with Expedia, $38/night less
- $211.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Victoria Hotwire
- $25.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Victoria Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Victoria this May Fr $207+/Nt — $207 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- $23.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Victoria — $24 Hotwire