- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hastings House Country House Hotel
At a Glance
- wonderful food
- top-notch service
- historic character
- no pool
- some rooms overlook a nearby pub
- rates are high
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hastings House Country House Hotel Review
The centerpiece of this 22-acre seaside estate—with its gardens, meadows, and harbor views—is a 1939 country house, built in the style of an 11th-century Sussex manor. Guest quarters, which are in the manor, in renovated historic outbuildings, and in a newer addition overlooking Ganges Harbour, are decorated in an English-country style, with antiques, locally crafted woodwork, and fireplaces. The Post, a stand-alone two-room cottage, is a honeymoon favorite; the secluded three-bedroom Churchill Cottage has a kitchen and a private driveway. Three- or four-course dinners in the manor house serve local seafood and herbs from the inn's gardens. The former barn houses a petite spa.
- Address: 160 Upper Ganges Rd., Ganges, Salt Spring Island, BC, V8K 2S2 | Map It
- Phone: 250/537-2362; 800/661-9255
- Website: www.hastingshouse.com
- Location: Salt Spring Island
- 3 rooms, 14 suites, 1 guesthouse.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Nov.--Feb.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Tofino Rate: Book Fr $282+/Nt Hotels.com
- $73.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Victoria Hotwire
- $26.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Victoria Hotwire
- Visit Victoria for Less: Hotels Fr $173+/Nt — $173 Travelocity
- $23.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Victoria — $24 Hotwire
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more
I have recently got a job photographing the front pages to all of the phone books in B.C. I will be embarking on a journey that will take me to 25 cities and towns across the province Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more