Nightlife & the Arts in Whistler
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Whistler has a legendary après scene, and on any given weekend, there may be more nonskiers than skiers filling the patios, clubs, and saloons. Stag and stagette parties wander the pedestrian-only village stroll, and people queue early to get inside Buffalo Bills or the GLC (Garibaldi Lift Company), where DJs and bands from Vancouver and beyond come to spin.
The night begins with après, when skiers, bikers, and hikers alike unwind on patios from the Longhorn Saloon & Grill to Citta'—think happy hour for the hyped up—and the clubs usually stay open until 2 am except for Sundays and holidays. The minimum age is 19 and smoking is only allowed outside. When the bars close, the local constables lead a (usually) well-behaved cattle drive through the village and back to the hotels.
For entertainment listings, pick up Whistler's weekly news magazine, the Pique.
Browse Whistler Nightlife
Browse Whistler Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire