- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain Mark's Whale & Seal Cruise guarantees sightings on both zodiac (C$39) and cabin cruiser (C$30) tours, available May through mid-September. Chéticamp, NS. 902/224-1316, 888/754-5112. www.whaleandsealcruise.com.
Fiddlin' Whale Tours adds music to the mix, so you can enjoy live traditional Cape Breton fiddling on their C$40 cruises; sightings guaranteed. This may seem like a bizarre pairing but apparently whales respond to the pitch and sometimes contribute their own songs. An onboard hydrophone helps you hear them. Chéticamp, NS. 902/383-2340, 866/688-2424. www.fiddlinwhaletours.com.
Wesley's Whale Watching leads two-hour trips (C$25) in Cape Island boats May 15 through October 15 to see whales, dolphins, seals, and scenery. Chéticamp, NS. 902/224-1919, 866/999-4253. www.novascotiawhales.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire