- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glenora Inn & Distillery
At a Glance
- unique atmosphere
- sylvan property bisected by a brook
- inn rooms could use a refresh
- road to chalets is tricky to negotiate at night
Glenora Inn & Distillery Review
North America's first single-malt whiskey distillery adjoins this whitewashed inn north of Mabou, so don't miss the opportunity to sample a wee dram of Glenora's own Glen Breton Rare. Even if you're not staying overnight, you can tour the distillery for free, enjoy fine regional cuisine at the inn's restaurant, and hear Cape Breton music played twice daily in season at the pub. Inn rooms overlook a courtyard, while handsome log chalets (complete with whirlpool baths, wood stoves, and kitchens) sit on the steep hillside behind.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
I am going to be traveling in Canada this summer, and need a Canadian SIM card. In the US, I have been using TMOBILE prepay, and it's quite expensive, imo. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more