Sea Kayaking in Halifax
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Equipment Co-op in downtown Halifax rents kayaks for $30-$45 a day. 1550 Granville St., Halifax, NS, B3J 1X1. 902/421-2667. www.mec.ca.
East Coast Outfitters, based about 30 minutes outside the city off Hwy. 333, offers rental equipment as well as instruction and guided excursions mid-May through mid-September. 2017 Lower Prospect Rd., Lower Prospect, Halifax, NS, B3T 1Y8. 902/852-2567, 877/852-2567. www.eastcoastoutfitters.net.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $83.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Halifax Hotwire
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown in May: $177 & Up Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Economy rentals in Halifax Hotwire
- $76.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Halifax — $76 Hotwire
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Halifax — $16 Hotwire