- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shakespeare by the Sea
Shakespeare by the Sea Review
In July and August, Shakespeare by the Sea performs the Bard's works every night except Monday at 7 pm, and weekends at 1 pm in Point Pleasant Park's Cambridge Battery, at the southern end of the Halifax peninsula. The natural setting—dark woods, rocky shore, and ruins of fortifications—is a dramatic backdrop. No tickets are required. Just show up and contribute to the bucket (C$15 is suggested). In shoulder months the troupe acts out at the 90-seat Park Place Theatre in the lower parking lot.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $68.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Halifax Hotwire
- May deal: BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Fr $116+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- $13.17 & up : Compact rentals in Halifax Hotwire
- $102.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Halifax — $102 Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Halifax this May Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Expedia
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
I am going to be traveling in Canada this summer, and need a Canadian SIM card. In the US, I have been using TMOBILE prepay, and it's quite expensive, imo. Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps,... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more