- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Economy Shoe Shop
Economy Shoe Shop Review
If you're looking for Birkenstocks, you're in the wrong place. But if you're hungry, that's another matter… Variety rules at this chaotic multi-room restaurant-cum-club. Start with an imported beer in the Belgian Bar, then head to Backstage to dine among the fake trees and other theatrical decorations before retiring to the private cave in the Diamond for after-dinner coffee. In summer there is also a street-front patio, which is invariably packed with locals. Although food at the "Shoe" isn't haute cuisine, portions are generous and it's very hard to leave.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Halifax: Save this May Fr $114+/Nt Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- $76.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Halifax Hotwire
- $16.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Halifax Hotwire
- Book in Halifax: Save this May Fr $159+/Nt — $159 Expedia
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Halifax — $16 Hotwire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
I will start out by saying that I know that we can't fit it all in.
Arriving Bangor, Maine airport late afternoon June 18th, departing mid-day June 28th.
Priorities: scenic seascape drives, lighthouses, Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps,... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more