- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Press Gang
The Press Gang Review
Easily one of the hippest upscale establishments in Halifax, the Press Gang prepares fish and meat with equal panache. You can start with crab dumplings or oysters on the half shell, complemented by a glass of muscadet from the well-stocked cellar, then tuck into grilled rib eye with truffled Stilton cream. Adventurous eaters might be interested in the "Drill," four courses of the chef's choice priced at C$150 per couple. Thick, cold stone walls testify to the building's era (1759), but the restaurant is warmed by comfy seating and intimate lighting.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $68.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Halifax Hotwire
- May deal: BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Fr $116+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- $13.17 & up : Compact rentals in Halifax Hotwire
- $86.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Halifax — $86 Hotwire
- The Westin Nova Scotian on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $193+/Nt — $193 Save with Expedia, $30/night less
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
I am going to be traveling in Canada this summer, and need a Canadian SIM card. In the US, I have been using TMOBILE prepay, and it's quite expensive, imo. Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps,... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more