Getting Here and Around
When the Beatles sang about "the long and winding road" they might have had the Lighthouse Route in mind. The curvy back roads that make up most of it hug the South Shore from Halifax to Yarmouth and are undeniably scenic, but if you're looking for a shorter option, you can get to Lunenburg via Highway 103. From 103, you can go to Lunenburg using exit 10 or exit 11; they take about the same amount of time, but exit 11 has nice views around Mahone Bay.
Once you're in town, walking is the way to go provided you're not daunted by the steep hill.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire