Chez Christophe Review
Right up the road from Church Point in Grosses Coques (French for "Big Clams"), this homey restaurant specializes in classic Acadian cuisine, so rappie pie—along with fish chowder and the stewlike fricot with dumplings—is always on the menu. Chez Christophe also holds musical "kitchen parties" in summer as part of the region-wide Musique de la Baie program (www.musiquedelabaie.ca), which means diners get to enjoy free entertainment in addition to hearty food. If you can't bear to leave, Chez Christophe rents out rooms in an adjacent guesthouse ($, breakfast included).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Some of you might remember I was supposed to take my mom (who is almost 80) to see the Bay of Fundy last summer (something she's wanted to do for several years). Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more