Though it only has about 1,000 residents, tiny Tatamagouche is a force to be reckoned with. Canada's second-largest Oktoberfest (800/895-1177www.nsoktoberfest.ca)—a boisterous event complete with sausages, schnitzel, and frothy steins of beer—is held here each fall. Summer brings strawberry and blueberry festivals, lobster, and chowder suppers.
Tatamagouche at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Eastern Shore and Northern Nova Scotia
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire