- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rundles Restaurant Review
At Stratford's top choice for sophisticated haute cuisine the look is summery and modern: brick is exposed, windows are unadorned and panoramic, and, with a theatrical flourish, flowing white silk scarves hang from primitive stone masks. Diners have five to seven choices for each course (appetizer, entrée, and dessert) on the prix-fixe menu. Offerings change frequently, but regulars would protest the removal of the braised duck confit or, for dessert, the lemon tart with orange sorbet. The more relaxed Sophisto-Bistro, at the same location, has two- and three-course dinners at slightly less lofty prices that might include hot-smoked trout salad with fingerling potatoes in a hot bell pepper cream or, for dessert, poached apples and candied apple ice cream. Considerable artistry is lavished on preparation and presentation.
- Address: 9 Cobourg St., Stratford, ON, N5A 3E4 | Map It
- Phone: 519/271-6442
- Website: www.rundlesrestaurant.com
- Location: Stratford
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.--May (may vary; check Web site for exact dates) and Mon. No lunch weekdays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
What is the best (fastest, easiest and/or cheapest) way to get from Toronto to Niagara Falls? Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more